with Matthew Waymire, CPA & Business Broker.
Date: Friday, January 4th
Time: 11:30 Check-in, 12 pm lunch
Location: McCormick & Schmicks
Price: $30 RSVP here.
UNLV students & researchers - free
Matthew Waymire, CPA has been around and studied start up businesses for 25 years. He's one of the bright minds in this area.
The Five Mistakes:
1. New business ideas must be first about getting more information, i.e., developed the business model before writing a business plan.
2. You need to create multiple ways of looking at your product. You never know which market will take off.
3. You need a team. Create a board of advisors.
4. You must develop angels & champions for your idea.
5. Don't under estimate the number of calls and contacts you must make to make this idea work.