NevBio Lunch & Lecture Series
How Neuroscience can help you:
* Be more creative
* Improve your leadership skills
* Communicate better
* Be happier
11:30 Check-in; 12 Noon lunch & talk. McCormick & Schmicks. 335 Hughes Cntr Dr. $30 Register here. (UNLV Students & Researchers- Free)
1. Rationality is massively overrated (sorry Spock)
2. Activating negative emotions stops all thinking
3. Social standing is a much stronger driver of behavior than thought.
4. Attention changes the brain.
Matt Waymire's talk is based on the work of David Rock PhD., Dan Siegel PhD. & other neuroscientists.
Dr. David Rock co-founded the NeuroLeadership Institute, a global initiative bringing neuroscientists and leadership experts together to build a new science for leadership development.
"How The Brain Works" video
Dr. Siegel is currently clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine where he is on the faculty of the Center for Culture, Brain, and Development and the Co-Director of the Mindful Awareness Research Center.